2017-18 Season Information
We currently offer programs for competitive (travel) soccer. Competitive soccer demands a high level of commitment from players and their families, including practices 2/3 times a week, plus travel for games.
Although we do not ask players to have soccer as their only sport, the high level of commitment needed for our program means soccer should be the #1 priority sport of each athlete during our season. When placed on the roster, each player commits to being at training sessions, games and tournaments unless they are ill, injured, have a significant family event etc.
The base model of our program is built on players taking part in both of our outdoor soccer seasons: fall and spring/summer; we also offer an optional winter season for indoor soccer. Fees for 2017-18 will be handled on a season by season basis.
For the Fall 2017 season, we will be holding try-outs for teams in the following age groups:
- Boys born in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (2010 may try-out for 2009 pool)
- Girls born in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (2010 may try-out for 2009 pool)
Programs for younger players will be introduced in Spring 2018
- Fall season - $455
- Can be paid via deposit & 3 monthly installments
- The fee covers tournament, game & event costs
- Travel tournaments to Blaine & Woodbury, plus a third to be determined travel weekend
- No fundraising requirement
- Winter - will be on a 'pay-as-you-play' basis
- Spring/Summer 2018 - fee will be published in early 2018
Uniform fees of $110 are separate to / in addition to season fees.
FM United Soccer Club uniforms cost $110 for two game jerseys, one pair of shorts, two pairs of socks, and two practice jerseys. We operate on a two year life cycle, with the current uniforms being used from August 2016 through to the end of July 2018.
Season Dates (subject to change)
- 2017 Fall Season Monday August 14th 2017 to Sunday October 15th 2017
- 2018 Winter Season Sunday January 7th 2018 to Sunday March 18th 2018
- 2018 Spring/summer season Monday April 16th 2018 to July - Varies by team
Fall Season - August 14th to October 15th 2017
Travel to NSC Fall Cup & Woodbury Fall Classic tournaments, plus one travel weekend in September
August 14th to Labor Day Practices only
Weekend Sept 9th/10th Tournament (?) - SDSA (Mitchell, SD)
Weekend Sept 16th/17th Tournament (?) - Fall Finisher (Prior lake, MN)
Sunday Sept 24th In-Club Games
Sunday Oct 1st In-Club Games
Weekend Oct 7th/8th Tournament - NSC Fall Cup (Blaine, MN)
Weekend Oct 14th/15th Tournament - Fall Classic (Woodbury, MN)
Winter Season - January 7th to March 18th 2018
Winter soccer will be 'pay-as-you-play'
Spring/Summer 2018 season - April 16th to July (end varies by team)
- North Dakota Soccer League
- Dakota Development League
- Northern States Soccer League
Plus other local games.
Two travel tournaments, plus one local tournament.
The soccer year runs August 1st > July 31st annually; at this time we are handling payments on a season by season basis, and collecting payment for the Fall 2017 season only. Winter 2018 will be 'pay-as-you-play', and fees for Spring/Summer 2018 will be communicated in early 2018.
Existing players (playing spring/summer 2017)
- Do not need to register for try-outs
- Will be emailed registration link. Registration will be due by July 24th. All that will be required is:
- New USYS Medical Waiver
Need to complete try-out registration, providing:
- Players’ information: name, gender, date of birth, address
- Parent/guardian information: name, email, phone number
- Digitally complete online liability waiver
If the player is offered a place in the program, you will be required to provide:
- Payment for program
- Birth certificate
- Photograph – upload digital head & shoulders /school picture style
- Digitally complete media release waiver
- Payment for uniform + uniform sizes
Registration will be due by July 24th